The United Presbyterian Church of North America was one of the three main streams of Presbyterians in the United States in at the time of the Civil WAR. The UPNA was formed in 1858 by the union of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church and the Associate Presbyterian Church, two separate and smaller Presbyterian denominations founded in the United States in 1752 and 1782. Both denominations were organized by Scottish immigrants arriving in 1733. The American Mission in Egypt, the American Mission in North Sudan, the American Mission in South Sudan and the American Mission in Ethiopia were all established by the UPNA in the space of 50 years after the denomination was formed. Schutz boarders came from each of these Missions in Africa in 1924, the year Schutz opened, and students from these Missions were part of the boarder population through the 1960s, even after the 6-Day War in 1967.