Presbyterian Historical Society
The Presbyterian Historical Society is the oldest archive of denominational history in the United States. Established in 1852, the PHS is the national archive for the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and its predecessor denominations, which include the United Presbyterian Church of North America UPNA and its original denominations, the Associate Presbyterian Church and the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, and the Presbyterian Church of the United States of America, formed when the UPNA merged with the United Presbyterian Church of the United States of America UPCUSA, all of which were involved in Missions in Africa, west, east and north, as early as 1837. In its first 50 years, Schutz existed to serve the parents and children of these Missions in Cameroon, Egypt, Ethiopia, North Sudan, South Sudan, Iraq and Iran.
Minutes of Association Meetings of all these Missions, correspondence, records of employment, travel, work, finances and policy are all available at the Presbyterian Historical Society, at 425 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147 215-627-1852