Non-Mission is the term used in connection with Schutz students whose parents were not connected with any of the UPNA or PCUSA mission fields in Africa or the Middle East (e.g. Egypt, Ethiopia, Cameroon, North Sudan, South Sudan).
Examples of non-Mission sending bodies with families whose children attended Schutz:
- Chicago House, Luxor The Epigraphic Survey, a project of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, began its work in 1924, based in Chicago House, Luxor, where the Institute's archeologists photographed and made precise line drawings of relief scenes and inscriptions on major tombs in and around Luxor.  In the late 1920s and early 1930s, children of American archeologists associated with the Oriental Institute attended Schutz as boarders.
- Phillips Oil The Phillips Petroleum Company, based in Oklahoma, began exploring oil fields in Egypt in the early 1950s. The increase in Phillips employees posted to Alexandria with their families resulted in many American day students attending Schutz from the Phillips Petroleum commmunity in Alexandria, starting in 1956 when Schutz returned to Alexandria from Assiut.
- UNESCO, UNWHO Two agencies of the United Nations, the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, and the UN World Health Organization, organized out of the UN Regional Office in Cairo as early as 1947, began to place educators and medical personnel in Egypt from countries around the world. In the mid-1950s, both agencies located personnel in Alexandria at the University, and many children from these families came to Schutz as day students, starting in the late 1950s. The students represented a range of countries (e.g. India, Norway, Finland, Taiwan) greatly expanding the international representation of the Schutz student body. 
- Fulbright Scholar Program Named for Senator J. William Fulbright, since it was unanimously passed into legislation in 1947, the US Fulbright Scholar Program has provided more than 250,000 grants to teachers and students around the world. In the 1950s and 1960s, Assiut College applied for Fulbright professors to augment its teaching staff. A number of Schutz students in the 1960s came to Schutz from Assiut, where their parents were teaching at the College for 3 year terms. 
- AUC/American University Cairo The American University in Cairo was founded in 1919 by the Egypt Mission of the UPNA. The University's first President, Charles A. Watson, had grown up in the Egypt Mission community. His father served the Egypt Mission and the Board of Foreign Missions. In 1927, Charles A. Watson and the members of the Egypt Mission had a fundamental disagreement about the religious character of the University. The Egypt Mission Association members wanted the University to be Christian in orientation. President Watson wanted the University to have high standards of scholarship, ethics and morals wth the goal of providing strong leadership for Egypt in the future. He believed the University needed to be free of any one specific religious orientation. As a result, the American University in Cairo separated from the UPNA Egypt Mission. American professors on AUC staff were not associated with the Egypt Mission. In the mid and late 1930s, there was no English langauge elementary or secondary school in Cairo, the children of AUC professors came to Schutz.   
- YMCA The YMCA International organized its first student association in Egypt in 1896 on the campus of the UPNA Egypt Mission's Assiut College. An Arabic speaking branch was organized in Cairo in 1909. In 1921, an Anglo-American branch was opened in Alexandria, primarily for the British troops stationed to the west of the city. The children of YMCA secretaries and branch executives attended Schutz in the 1920s and 1930s, particularly the Quays and the Atwells.